Batteries or accumulators are the central part of isolated systems, which consist of three stages:
Thus, a well-dimensioned cumulative system for consumption and loads is essential for the proper functioning of the installation.
Acid/lead, AGM, GEL, nickel/cadmium, Lithium, etc.
OPzS/V Stationary Batteries: acid/lead, AGM, GEL, etc.
6,600 charge cycles, at 80% depth of discharge, without maintenance.
Increasingly, accumulative systems with batteries are used, especially Lithium, due to its versatility, durability, dimensions and weight, which it has compared to other accumulative systems.
Its main applications are:
– For starting internal combustion engines .
– Mechanical traction : forklifts, cars, boats, etc.
– Isolated energy systems, in which, without batteries, they could not supply electricity, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In this section we have the largest variety of models and technologies applied to accumulation
– Emergency systems (UPS function), to guarantee the electricity supply.
– For maintenance of autonomous operating systems: mobile telephony, pacemakers, space prospecting equipment, etc.
As we can see, its use and applications are very varied and necessary; Now it can only be hoped that the need to change the energy model due, above all, to the climate emergency, will lead us to the development of energy storage models and materials that are less polluting, more reliable and durable, and above all: sustainable in all aspects. Bio-technology and nano-technology could give us more than one surprise in this field.